A revival had broken out at Beulah, the Baptist chapel in Newbridge, Monmouthshire, shortly before Christmas Evans’s arrival at Caerphilly. Benjamin Williams had become the new pastor the previous year, and soon his preaching drew numerous congregations together. Many were added to the church in 1826, and the two following years, so that in 1828 the church found it necessary to enlarge the chapel.
HBNC, p. 749.
With thanks to Geraint Jones.
Built in 1809, enlarged 1818 and 1828, rebuilt 1884.