The blessed revival at Newry extended to the surrounding country. The preachers on the adjoining circuits, encouraged by what they heard of the success of the Lord's work, set apart a day for fasting and prayer and also arranged to assist each other in special services. Messrs. Hurley and Crozier thus came to the help of the brethren on the Charlemont circuit. On Saturday, December 28th, the quarterly meeting was held at Armagh. Mr Hurley preached; the word was accompanied with unwonted power, and-At the love-feast such was the gracious influence realized that no less than thirty persons were converted. On the following morning Mr Crozier preached, intending to leave at the close of the service, but such was the manifestation of the Divine presence, that the meeting was continued the whole day, during which about twenty-eight obtained peace with God. On the 30th, the itinerants went to Charlemont, where they witnessed similar scenes of reviving and converting power, forty souls being led to decide for the Lord. Next day the quarterly meeting was held at Newry and continued until after midnight. Mr Thomas Brown preached a powerful sermon, and the whole congregation presented a most affecting appearance, as shouts of joy and songs of praise, mingled with earnest cries for mercy. At least twenty accepted Christ as their Saviour. Thus the eighteenth century closed in this country amid scenes of hallowed and glorious triumph, "the Lord working with His servants, and confirming the word with signs following."
'History of Methodism in Ireland' Volume II, by Crookshank, p180-1.
1827. Mr William Browne of the Charlemont circuit says that before the September quarterly meetings there were the droppings of a shower; but at the meeting in Charlemont, there was a blessed outpouring of the Spirit, so that several were enabled to rejoice in a sin-pardoning God. From that time until Christmas the work moved on steadily, there being some awakened and converted. At the December meeting the Spirit of God was again poured out, and the good work spread through the surrounding country, until about seventy were led to the Saviour. There were six new classes, including seventy-two additional members, and many of the old classes were much enlarged.
'History of Methodism in Ireland', Volume iii. by Crookshank p105
1830. On the Charlemont circuit, where Messrs. William Pattyson, James Robinson, jun., and William Craig were stationed, a very blessed revival began in the vicinity of Tullyroan, spread all around the neighbourhood, and soon extended to Charlemont. At one meeting, held at Loughgall, about twenty persons professed to have obtained peace with God; at another service, at Tullyroan, about eighteen acknowledged having received the same blessing; and at a quarterly meeting, held in Charlemont, such numbers were present that the adjoining parochial school was dismissed in order to accommodate those who could not get into the chapel, while about thirty were led to religious decision. At the close of the year it was estimated that from two to three hundred had been converted, while, after having filled all vacancies in the membership, there was an increase of one hundred and eighty-six.
'History of Methodism in Ireland' Volume iii, by Crookshank, p143.
1846. Cheering reports are given of revival work in different parts the kingdom. One of the most extensive of these appears to have been in connection with the labours of the Primitive Wesleyan Society on the Charlemont circuit, where Messrs. John Wherry and William P. Skuse were stationed. At Dungorman, the Sunday morning congregations having shown signs of increased spiritual life, arrangements were made for evening prayer-meetings, conducted by leaders from Dungannon. These services were signally owned of God; "the floor of the house soon became literally covered with the penitents," and many were converted to God. For at least five months there was no abatement of the interest of the people in the services nor of the spirit which led them to bow in penitence at the throne of grace. The good work also extended to Derryadd, where the Lord poured out His Spirit abundantly. The revival here was remarkable for the large number who were enabled to believe when alone with God, and also for the many converted who had been amongst the most notorious sinners in the country, including two leading pugilists.
'History of Methodism in Ireland' Volume iii, by Crookshank, p367.