1805. At Dungannon, they preached one Sunday afternoon in the street, and in the chapel in the evening, with tokens of the Lord's blessing. The clay following, at the quarterly meeting, the power of the Lord descended, and numbers cried aloud for mercy. "Such a sight," says Mrs. Ould, "I never saw before." Some found pardon before the meeting closed, and others remained in the house, earnestly seeking until the evening service.
'History of Methodism in Ireland' Volume ii, by Crookshank, p262.
the Holy Spirit was poured out in a remarkable manner; the concluding prayer-meeting was continued until near midnight; thirty-nine persons knelt around the platform seeking remission of their sins, and ten professed to have received the blessing. Eight or ten leaders in the neighbourhood of Tullyroan then resolved that after meeting their classes on the Sunday mornings and holding prayer-meetings in the afternoons, to hold united evening services in succession through different parts of their neighbourhood. At the first of these general meetings many were cut to the heart, and seven brought into Gospel liberty. This, however, was only the beginning of good days. The services were continued with increasing success for months, there was not a barren meeting, and on an average eight or ten persons every Sabbath found peace with God. In February 1841, five love-feasts were held, in different parts of the circuit, and proved a great blessing. At Dungannon, after the meeting had continued for three hours, it was dismissed; but several persons cried out through the disquietude of their hearts, and would not depart until they found rest in Christ. The leaders at Killyman and Derryadd followed the example of their brethren at Tullyroan, and with similar results; but even greater success attended the labours of a few young men from Dungannon and two or three leaders from the neighbourhood of Castlecaulfield. Thus Glenadush, Clonmain, Lisnamonaghan, Ardress, Derryscollop, and Aghinlig in succession shared in the showers of blessing that refreshed and blessed the country.
'History of Methodism in Ireland' Volume iii, by Crookshank, p303.
Cheering reports are given of revival work in different parts the kingdom. One of the most extensive of these appears to have been in connection with the labours of the Primitive Wesleyan Society on the Charlemont circuit, where Messrs. John Wherry and William P. Skuse were stationed. At Dungorman, the Sunday morning congregations having shown signs of increased spiritual life, arrangements were made for evening prayer-meetings, conducted by leaders from Dungannon. These services were signally owned of God; "the floor of the house soon became literally covered with the penitents," and many were converted to God. For at least five months there was no abatement of the interest of the people in the services nor of the spirit which led them to bow in penitence at the throne of grace. The good work also extended to Derryadd, where the Lord poured out His Spirit abundantly. The revival here was remarkable for the large number who were enabled to believe when alone with God, and also for the many converted who had been amongst the most notorious sinners in the country, including two leading pugilists.
'History of Methodism in Ireland' Volume iii, by Crookshank, p367.
1856. At the following quarterly meeting at Dungannon the Spirit of the Lord descended in mighty power, cries for mercy were heard in every part of the house, and many obtained a sense of God's forgiving love. At the meeting in Moy, which followed, similar cheering results were witnessed. Special services were then held in different parts of the circuit, and they were greatly owned of God. Thus the good work deepened and spread, and the preachers, as the year closed, had the joy of returning a good increase in the membership.
'History of Methodism in Ireland' Volume iii, by Crookshank, p474.