There was revival here in 1759/60/
Letter from John Nelson to CW 11/11/63 from Birstall
"Glory be to God His arm is bared in these parts; multitudes flock to hear the word, and above a hundred joined since we came, and a great part of them profess faith…"
There was a small chapel on this site from 1750. The building in the photo is John Nelson's study which dates from the same time.