Southam Branch was also favoured with rich effusions of the Holy Spirit, under the superintendency of Mr James Mules. At the beginning of the year 1848, Mr M. writes, "For the last few weeks, the Spirit of God has been poured out in an eminent degree, and old and young of both sexes have believed in Jesus and been brought into the liberty of the children of God. At Napton, upwards of thirty have been converted, among whom are some who were our worst enemies. Most of the new converts are going from house to house, proclaiming what God has done for their souls, and the saving influence is extending; husbands and wives, parents and children, are turning to the Lord. At Fenney Compton we have a blessed work. Six months ago we could not depend upon having a dozen hearers to preach to, but now people flock in crowds, and our place of worship is become too contracted. We have also had several conversions at other places, and our way is now open into several large villages, where there are no dissenters. The harvest is great, but the labourers are few. May the Lord raise up many, and thrust them forth to gather in the ripening grain."
From, 'The History of the Primitive Methodist Connexion from its origin', by John Petty, 1860, p362.
This building was the Primitive Methodist Church in 1853.